Friday, July 1, 2011

Scrap Room re-vamp

I have been wanting a new desk for a while now, but I was spoiled with the size it was before, so I was having a hard time replacing it. I found this dining table at Ikea, and although it was smaller than what I had previously, I found a great way to make it work. My wonderful Mom bought the desk and brought it up to me, since it wouldn't fit in my car. So here are some pics of my workspace and some close ups of some of the cooler details!

Here is my darling daughter M. She insisted on being in the pictures today. I bought those white desk organizers at Office Depot because this is also my office space. I love how they look and how much stuff they hold!

The corner of my desk with my new bookcase and my ribbon stash hanging on the wall. I love having the basket in the corner of my desk. This is where I toss my scraps and then file them about every couple of weeks. It really helps keep my desk area clean. Then I got this tool caddy a while ago from Making Memories and I love it! It is so great having all the tools so close.

My new bookcase to take the place of the hutch I had on my desk before. I love how I can reach everything while at my desk. Everything is within easy reach, but it makes me desk area feel so much more open. I am loving all the extra light I have at my desk now.

This shelf is where I keep my supplies. I started out with just two shelves but I love that I can just buy more legs and shelves from Lowe's and expand the shelf. I now have so much storage! From the bottom shelf up...Bottom shelf is my Project Life binder, all my scraps (organized by color for cardstock and brand for patterned paper), page kits from CKC. Next shelf: Patterned Paper, binder of photos to scrap, mini albums, felt & misc papers & chipboard. Third shelf: Cardstock, Patterned Paper & Paper stacks. Top shelf: 8.5x11 cardstock, felt ribbon, glitter & embossing power & micro beads, blank card basket, ATG refills etc.

How I now store my little embellishments. Love how easy it is to grab what I want. Above my old desk was a hutch that DH and I made and we attached tons of empty baby food jars and that is how I had lots of these things sorted, but I love having them in these containers. Such a great buy for a couple of bucks each!

I found this adorable box at Michael's when I went there for some more bead organizers. This is now holding my stash of flowers. I really wanted something that is super pretty, but being on a super tight budget, this seemed like the best idea.

Cute little tags I made for all of my baskets. I made them using my Silhouette and the print & cut feature. Loving it!! I already know what is in all of my baskets, but I thought that this would be a great way to add a little more decoration for no money! Love it!! These make me smile.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. I have some new layouts to share, starting again tomorrow. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

okanogangirl said...

What a great space! Looks very functional.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...