Saturday, January 7, 2012

A small re-do...

So at some point in the last several months I fell in LOVE with stitching by hand on my layouts and because of that slight obsession I ended up with a small problem of hoarding tons of DMC floss.  I just kept buying and buying different colors.  Well then came the problem of storing all of them.  For a few months I had them on those little cardboard cards, but I was hard to keep it looking neat in a container and it was hard to see all the colors.  Then I saw an idea on pinterest of the DMC floss around clothes pins and I just had to try it.  So here is what my container looks like now.



Now I can see all my colors and easily use them and put them back!  It always amazes me how something as simple as a small re-do can pump up my motivation to create more!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

that's awesome! I totally agree! Right now I am in the process of winding all of my twine onto popsicle sticks! It sure takes awhile! My floss on the other hand... ugh.. that just looks like a mess in a box! :)

Steffanie said...

I personally like mine on the little cards. But this is a great alternative for those who don't!

Megan D said...

Cool idea. Mine is such a mess right now!

DanaMK said...

Awesome idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...