Monday, February 20, 2012

She is Delightfully Happy layout

 
I started with a sketch from the book Page Maps 2.  The sketch was for a 8.5x11 layout and I changed it a bit for my 12x12 layout.  The patterned paper, title die-cut and chipboard circle are from My Mind’s Eye.  I added hand stitching with DMC floss around the large die cut paper that I cut down to fit on my paper better (it was originally 12x12).  The doily is from Paper Wishes and I inked it with three different colors to give it more depth and texture I then pulled out my sewing machine to add the stitching to the side of the picture and to the title area. Next I used stickers from Echo Park and Bo Bunny to complete the title.  The flourishes are from Oriental Trading.  Last but not least the brown chipboard birds are part of the American Crafts Thickers line.
Here is a close up of the title area.  I have to say that I really just LOVE how this whole layout came out!

3 comments:

Moongirl said...

I liked this one!

DanaMK said...

I think this is fabulous! I love how you did it on the 8.5x11 canvas and added it to a 12x12!

okanogangirl said...

Fantastic detail on the stitching of the scalloped paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...