Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday (a S:CY layout)

 When I saw this sketch from Sketches: Creatively Yours I went through the photos I had printed and found these three pictures from my daughter’s 4th Birthday Party and decided to change the sketch up a bit to work with the photos. 
 So instead of one large photo I used three smaller photos.  I kept the title at the top, but used this perfect banner sticker.  Instead of the paper strip to the right of the photos I added these different stickers and different treatments to them.  For the streamer I just put it on the page and left it. The flower at the top is covered with Crackle Accents and then the presents I inked the edges and added foam squares behind the smaller present.  I wanted to add a lot of journaling to this page, but wanted to keep it neat so I added the journaling lines in black before writing in red ink.  I used the Basic Grey Cupcake collection for this whole layout.

5 comments:

Elisha Pharr said...

This is so fun, Cassie!! I love the banner across the top!! You did an awesome job with the S:CY sketch!! :)

Steffanie said...

Looks great, Cassie! Love the banner and the presents!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Love how you made the sketch your own using multiple photos instead of one!
That is one of my favorite lines by BG :)

Heather M said...

Great banner & take on the sketch!

S@lene aka Yati said...

Capturing those precious moments! So adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...