Friday, March 2, 2012

You are Loved (my Sketches: Creatively Yours debut)

For my first assignment over at Sketches: Creatively Yours was to create a layout using this sketch:
And here is the layout that I created:
I am so excited to be able to finally share my first layout with Sketches: Creatively Yours.  I used their sketch #7-12 with this photograph of my niece.  I used two sheets of Bazzill cardstock as the base for my layout.  I then sprayed the pink cardstock with Glimmer Mist and then added drops of two colors from the Mister Huey spray ink collection by Studio Calico.  The patterned paper strips are from Basic Grey.  The kraft cardstock is from Recollections, the white (brackets) and teal cardstock (title) is from Bazzill.  I cut the title and brackets on the Silhouette using designs from their store.  I then added Crackle Accents from Inkssentials to the brackets.  The small letter stickers are from Echo Park.  Finally I added the white zig-zag stitches using my Sew Easy and DMC floss.  I then added some stitches to the title to tie it all together.  I really love that the focus is on this beautiful photo.

6 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

This is gorgeous Cassie! I love that you used cardstock as your main papers and then altered them with the mist! The curvy parenthesis around your photo is so fun and the pp strips really bring your attention to the photo! This is an amazing page for your first DT reveal!!

okanogangirl said...

Fantastic interpretation!!!

Devra said...

this is beautiful!I love the inking and space around the PP strips and the stitching!

glorygirl said...

Awesome layout! Love the colors and the misting. My fave detail is the stitching! Lovely!

Steffanie said...

Beautiful layout, Cassie! Love the misting and the colors!

Kelly said...

Love this layout. The photo is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...