Friday, March 23, 2012

You Make Me Happy & For Like Ever (two S:CY Layouts)

Here is this weeks sketch from Sketches: Creatively Yours.
SCY SKETCH #9-12 DUE March 21 for March 23 post
And here is my first layout from this sketch.

It took me quite a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with this sketch and find the perfect photo for it. I used the Echo Park Times & Seasons collection. I cut the title out on my Silhouette. I roughed up the edges of my photo with my Tim Holtz distressing tool. I stitched the banner boarder with DMC floss and my Sew Easy. The bling is from Want 2 Scrap. I really kept my embellishments to a minimum on this layout because the title and photo make such a statement on their own.

Now for my second layout, I kept this one closer to the sketch and created this one digitally.
These are the kits that I used for this layout:  Let’s Go, Let’s Go Mini Kit, A Life Recorded, A Kind Word, Quiet Reflection & Summer Cottage.
 
Make sure you head over to the S:CY blog and see what all the other ladies created with this sketch.  And make sure you play along!

5 comments:

Heather M said...

Nice LOs! I have the Sew Easy banner but yet to try it. Banners are my favorite right now. I like the star background & polka dotted letters in your digital LO.

Elisha Pharr said...

Cassie, these are both fabulous!!! I love the title work on both and the photos are just precious!!!

glorygirl said...

Great layouts! I looove the stitching on the first one and how you used the circular photos in the second. Awesome work!

Ann said...

I love that picture in the You make my Happy LO. That is so cute! And great colors on the other LO. It just pops

okanogangirl said...

That face is just precious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...