Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Play Zone Layout

I combined a sketch from Scrapbook Generation and this month’s challenge from Unique Crafters Challenge for this layout. The challenge is to use Paper Flowers.

I white cardstock is from Coredinations. The black cardstock is from Recollections. The patterned paper is from My Mind’s Eye. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the green paper. I added the pink stitching with DMC floss and stitch templates from Oriental Trading. I cut the title out on the Silhouette using a design from their store.

For the background layer I cut a piece of overhead transparency after I inked it with Tim Holtz alcohol ink. I love the extra texture and dimension it gives the title. I then decided to add hand-stitched on the title using white DMC floss.

The paper flowers are from Prima and they started out white. I then sprayed them using four different shades of pink Glimmer Mist and added the Making Memories brad to the center after crumbling all the layers to add more texture.

7 comments:

Kelly Guzlas said...

Great job Cassie! I really love your flowers and all the pretty stitching.

okanogangirl said...

AWESOME stitching!!!!!

Steffanie said...

LOVE the title---especially the stitching you added! Fun page!

Lynn said...

Love all the misting on the flowers..just beautiful. The stitching and all your details make for such a beautiful layout! I just love it. Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters.

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Great design and love the stitching!! :)

DanaMK said...

I absolutely love how you did your title - the transparency and the stitching are awesome!

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

The stitching really pops! I love that. I'm glad you entered it at Unique Crafters :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...