Friday, April 27, 2012

We are Family (a S:CY Layout)

I have really enjoyed working with all these great sketches from Sketches: Creatively Yours.  So here is this week’s sketch.
Now here is my take on the sketch:


I kept this layout pretty close to the sketch.  The patterned papers are all from Fancy Pants Designs.  I used my Tim Holtz edge distress tool on the pictures and green patterned paper.  I love the extra texture that it adds.  The cardstock is from Coredinations. I cut the title out using my Silhouette and a design from their store that I then created the extra layer for more depth.  The butterfly is from Hampton Arts and I sprayed it with two colors of Glimmer Mist.  The flourishes were done using my stitch templates by Oriental Trading and DMC floss.

So make sure you head over to the S:CY blog to see the other fabulous layout from the design team.  And make sure to play along with this great sketch!

4 comments:

KellyF said...

Very pretty! The flourishes make this look very elegant.

Ange said...

Great job with the sketch! Love how you did the butterfly and title. Love the colors and bling.

glorygirl said...

Great page! Love the distressing and the title!

Erin Blegen said...

So sweet...love the flourishes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...