Friday, May 25, 2012

Love You (a S:CY Layout)

TGIF!!! I love Fridays because that is when we have the sketch reveals over at Sketches: Creatively Yours. This week’s sketch is from Ali and I can see myself using this one over and over again!
SCY Sketch 16-12 DUE May 23 for May 25
I changed this sketch up some to work with this photo. I used a vertical picture instead of the horizontal one in the sketch. I then flipped the sketch horizontally so that the main picture would be on the left side.

The patterned paper is from My Mind’s Eye. The cardstock is from Bazzill and DCWV. I cut the title and heart flourish on the Silhouette using designs from their store. The rub-ons are from Scenic Route and Daisy D. I wanted to add more emphasis to the heart so I used my paper piercer and followed the design with hand stitching. I used my Tim Holtz paper distresser on the photo mat and the cream paper for more texture. The journaling is actually song lyrics in the song “Lucky” by Jason Mraz.
Thank you for checking out my layout, now make sure you check out S:CY and see what the design team has come up with. They are always surprising me! Also you should create your own layout with this sketch and share it with us!

7 comments:

VanEvera Family Blog said...

Beautiful layout - I love the colors and that flourish is beautiful!

Elisha Pharr said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Cassie! I love your title work...stunning!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! Your hand stitching is awesome!

Moongirl said...

Oh, Cassie, that stitched flourish is stunning! I love it. I am going to have to do this. It really takes a flat die cut and give it life! This will really help boost the life of my die cuts. Thanks for sharing that thought.

Steffanie said...

Wow, Cassie! You really dressed up that flourish with the hand-stitching! Great idea! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us at t*t*d!!

Colleen said...

Love this color combo! The stitching on the intricate flourish looks awesome, too. Great job!

Joni Parker said...

Wow..what a great layout and I sooo love that stitching on the die-cut!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at TTD!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...