Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mother’s Day Blog Hop!!

Welcome to my blog!  I am so excited to be apart of this fabulous blog hop today.  You should have reached me from Heather’s Blog.  If not, then make sure to head back to Amanda’s Blog and start at the beginning.  I don’t want you to miss out on any of the fabulous projects being shown today!

So I am sharing the two Mother’s Day presents that I made this year.  First up is the adorable slate wall hanging that I made for my mom.

So for this I started with the piece of slate that I bought at a local craft store and then added the quote using my Silhouette and three colors of vinyl.  I then added two coats of clear sealer on top.  Here is a close up of the saying.

This next project is for my Mother-in-law. 

I bought this 9 picture folding frame from a local craft store.  I painted it a dark brown and then ivory.  Next I sanded the edges so you could see some of the brown.  I then used modge podge to add the glittery ivory paper that I bought at Jo-Ann’s a while back.  After the modge podge was dry I added gold stickles to replace the silver glitter.  I then added the pictures that I took of my daughter with a blank sign and added the words in Photoshop Elements after editing the pictures.

I finished this off with flowers from Recollections, the twine from The Twinery, the key and circle embellishment from K & Company, and the dazzlers from Hot off the Press. 

I colored the buttons on the flowers and the circle metal embellishment with my gold metallic marker from American Crafts.

Thank you so much for checking out my fun Mother’s Day gifts.  Make sure to leave a comment to be entered for the little prize that I am giving away!  If you become a new follower or already are one then leave a second comment letting me know.  Now you are off to Kelly’s Blog!  I will announce a winner on Monday, May 7th, 2012!

18 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your projects are both so gorgeous! I love the photo frame idea. So clever!

I hope you don't mind that I pinned it.

Kelly Jean said...

This is super super gorgeous! I really love both of these. What an inspiration you are! I bet they're going to love these gifts.

Life in the Heavrin house said...

What an inspiration! thank you!

Andrea said...

WOW CASSIE! I love that frame!! That is such an adorable idea!! Your daughter looks so cute in all those photos too! Too cool!

Beth Hallgren said...

What special mother's Day gifts! Love them :)

Moongirl said...

Oh, that framed project is adorable! Great photos.

Steffanie said...

Brilliant! Love the folding frame project---that really turned out great!

Unknown said...

your frame project is gorgeous! I pinned it to use as inspiration for my MIL at a later date. Thank you for sharing.

Mandi said...

I am a new follower.

Mandi said...

I love your projects. Your mil and mom will love them.

Snips and Snails said...

Fantastic projects! The frame turned out so cute.

Devra said...

I love both projects, but I love how the photo frame came out!

Caroli said...

Love you slate! What a sweet message, lovely!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness are your projects cute! Love them and how creative you are!

Angela said...

I am a new follower of your blog!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Gorgeous projects....love the folded frame and the pretty elements that you added, very nicely done!

DanaMK said...

Wow, both of your projects are awesome!!! I've never cut vinyl with my Cricut yet - I'll have to try soon. Your photo frame is so cool! And I love all the different expressions on your daughter's face in the pictures - priceless!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

wow, Cassie! both of your projects look amazing. I really love that wall hanging :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...