Friday, June 22, 2012

This Amazing Place (a S:CY Layout)

I can’t believe that it is nearing in on my first three months with Sketches: Creatively Yours. Ali provided this week’s fun sketch. It amazes me that she draws her sketches, mostly because I can only draw stick people, well and straight lines with the help of a ruler...lol. So here is the sketch and then my layout.
SCY Sketch 19-20 DUE June 20 to post June 22
I had these pictures of the Pacific Ocean from our trip to Lincoln City last September and thought that I could create a block of photos with them. I had to change the sketch up a little bit to work with my photos and long title, but that is what I love about sketches. They provide a great starting point and you can use them over and over again by just tweaking little things.

So the background paper is from Karen Foster. The blue swirl paper is from Basic Grey and the red polka dot paper is from Echo Park. The white cardstock is just from my stash. I used rub-ons from Basic Grey. The bracket stickers are from Echo Park. I used an EK Success border punch on the red paper. For the title I used my Silhouette software. This is a design from their store that I filled using a blue wood grain pattern that I purchased from their store. After the design was filled I outlined it in black using the software before printing it out on a transparency. I have to say that I LOVE how the title came out. I finished off my layout with some DMC floss and my Sew Easy. Here is a close up of the title.

I sure hope that you enjoyed seeing my layout this week. Head on over to the S:CY blog to see what the Design Team created and then create a layout of your own and share with us over there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...