Friday, July 13, 2012

Boots on the Ground (a S:CY Layout)

A few months ago I was cleaning up my scrap room and discovered a bunch of photos sitting around just waiting to be scrapped.

SCY Sketch #22-12 Due July 11 for July 13

So when I saw this week’s sketch from the super fabulous Ali over at Sketches: Creatively Yours, I just knew it would be a perfect way to get some of these photos scrapped.

I used some paper from Fancy Pants Designs for this layout. The journaling card (behind the sand picture) is from Maya Road with ribbon from Technique Tuesday. I cut the title out on the Silhouette using a design from their store (the boots) and then created the words using a font on my computer. I then added the twine from The Twinery to add some more dimension to my layout. I finished it off with the orange buttons from Oriental Trading.

Make sure to head over to S:CY to see what the fabulous design team created. Don’t forget to link up your own layout so we can see how inspired you were by the sketch!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That twine work is amazing! I love the "boots" as well. This is an amazing layout!

glorygirl said...

Awesome page, Cassie! The boots and twine combo is so terrific with the colors and patterns you chose!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...