Friday, July 27, 2012

High Above (a S:CY layout)

There is another great sketch from Ali this week over at Sketches: Creatively Yours.

SCY Sketch #23-12 DUE July 25 for July 27

I am still working on the photos from my husband’s first deployment this week. I love that this sketch has three different photo sizes. I love playing around with different sized photos.

On this layout the kraft cardstock is from Recollections. The patterned paper is from My Mind’s Eye. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the yellow dotted paper. The black paper is actually black Double Dot cardstock from Bo-Bunny. I got the idea for the journaling from an issue of Scrapbooks Etc. I love the look of the kraft on kraft with some brown ink around the edges. I cut the title out on the Silhouette using a font on my computer. I then sprayed the words with two colors of Mister Huey’s from Studio Calico and then gold Perfect Pearls Mist before using my paper crimper to mimic the look of cardboard. To finish the layout I added the stitching with one of my Bazzill stitch templates and DMC floss.

I sure can’t wait to see what the Design Team comes up with. So head on over to S:CY to check it all out! Don’t forget to link up your layout if you use this sketch.

3 comments:

glorygirl said...

What incredible photos! Love that you were able to preserve these memories for your hubby and family! Fabulous take on the sketch!

DanaMK said...

I love your title and the border and paper strip to bring attention to it!

sharon said...

Your title is COOL, and your layout is wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...