Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Love Winter

This is going to get pretty long today because I did quite a few things and used a variety of products.

The sketch is from Page Maps. The patterned papers are from Echo Park (Wintertime and Winter Park). I really love how I have both collections and they have the same color scheme. I used washi tape (bottom right corner) from Recollections and from my last Persnickety Prints order. The white ric-rac is from the sewing department at Jo-Ann’s and I attached it using my stapler.

For the snowflakes I took some acrylic flowers by Heidi Swapp and painted them. I also added the same paint to the edges of the photos. I created this paint using Making Memories silver, a glitter, black and aqua. While the paint was wet on the flowers I sprinkled on two colors of chunky Doodlebug glitter and two colors of microbeads from Martha Stewart. The snaps in the center of the flowers are from Making Memories.

For the title, I cut the snowflake and title out on the Silhouette using designs from their store. I then covered the heart on the title with red microbeads from Martha Stewart. On the snowflake (cut from Bazzill) I sprayed it with two colors of Glimmer Mist and then added some white Mister Huey spray ink. I really love how this layout turned out, but it has taken me three days to get to this point. That is a really long time for me, but I have also only had little bits of time each day to work on it.

2 comments:

sharon said...

LOVE this double layout! And your lovely details!
I have just nominated you for the versatile blogger award. Just a simple recognition of how much I enjoy visiting your blog.
http://sharonbscraps.blogspot.com/

glorygirl said...

Great 2 pager, Cassie! My favorite parts are the flower, title and ricrac. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...