Friday, August 24, 2012

Buddies (a S:CY layout)

Ali has provided us with another super fabulous sketch to use at Sketches: Creatively Yours this week.

SCY Sk #26-12 DUE Aug 22 for Aug 24

I really love that this sketch uses a large photo, because some pictures are special enough to be the focus. I actually kept this layout very close to the sketch.

The patterned papers are from My Mind’s Eye. I cut the title and artisan shape out on the Silhouette using designs from their store. I sanded the edges of my photo so that the white would show. I put my journaling on a manila tag and have it behind the photo. The photo turns are from my stash and the brads are from Oriental Trading. I created the flowers with layers of burlap that I sprayed with Glimmer Mist and layers of tulle that I sprayed with blue Glimmer Mist. I then burned the edges of the tulle to give it more texture. Then I finished it off with brads from Pink Paislee, SEI and Making Memories. Finally I added some stitching with my Sew Easy and DMC floss.

So head on over to S:CY to see what the design team created with this sketch. We would love to see you over there!

1 comment:

glorygirl said...

Such a FUN layout! Love the photo and how masculine it feels....even with the flowers at the bottom. Love how you made them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...