Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The start of my December Album

This year I decided to make my first December Daily album, or at least my take on it.  Instead of doing it everyday, I am doing 25 Christmas Memories of 2012.  It is also not my goal to finish this album in December, in fact I will probably work on it mostly in January, but that is okay by me!  I would rather focus on getting good pictures this month and doing some journaling, and then when life calms back down in January I will worry about finishing my album.

So here is what I originally bought for my December Album:

IMG_20121016_070943

I went with a Simple Stories album and the Handmade Holiday line from Simple Stories.  I got the large paper pack, 6x6 pad, extra 6x8 pages, 4x6 cards and 3x4 cards.  I also got extra page protectors.  I have since added some other papers and products since I won a prize package from Club CK that was filled with Christmas goodies.

Here is what my December Cover looks like:

December Daily Blog

I started with a Simple Stories 6x8 Album.  I covered the chipboard (front and back) with Fabric by using Modge Podge.  I added ribbon from my stash.  The paper is from Simple Stories Handmade Christmas line.  The snowflake is from Michael's and I covered the edges with chunky glitter from Doodlebug.  The title is from Little Yellow Bicycle and the trees are from pebbles.  The button is from American Crafts.

Here is my title page:

Title Page

I started this page with one of the 6x8 printed pages from the Handmade Holiday by Simple Stories line.  I used a Mister Huey mask and Mister Huey spray ink for the circles.  I also added some gold mist from Perfect Pearls Mists.  The washi tape is from Recollections.  The card with the snowflake is from Simple Stories.  The stockings and Christmas title are from Pebbles.  The year is done with Thickers from American Crafts.  The snowflake stickers are from Simple Stories and Echo Park.

I have already filled the pockets on the page protectors, but I know I will change it up.  Here is a sample of a few of the pages and how they are laid out.  I mixed the printed pages, chipboard pages and page protectors so I can have a variety to choose from to make each memory special.

IMG_4835

IMG_4836

IMG_4837

IMG_4838

Thanks for joining me today for the first part of my December Album.  I can’t wait to share the finished product with you!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Oh I am excited to see. I too have purchased everything.. .but it all sits on my desk still. Need to get going. :) At least I have been good about taking photos. Your's is looking great!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...