Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My new scrap room

Today I wanted to share some pictures of my new scrap room.  My room is about 9 feet by 9 feet.  I have a single window and a large arched doorway that looks out onto the great room.  The beginning colors in this room were really horrible!

So the first thing on the to-do list was to get the whole room painted and to hang a new light fixture.  The only thing left to do is to create a fabric panel for the front of my desk so I don’t have to look at the storage carts under my desk from the great room.

20140715_171526

I love this window!  It looks out onto my covered front porch, so I never get direct sun into my scrap space.  I got this fabulous white sheer (with flower burn out pattern) from IKEA.  The look so amazing again the bright teal wall.

20140715_171536

So you can see the drawers under my desk…this is what I want to hide.  I have two bookcases behind my desk that holds the majority of my supplies.  I also keep my normal house office type stuff in this room as well.

Now this rug is my favorite!  I ordered this rug online before we even closed on the house.  I knew the colors would be perfect and the fun pattern just makes me so happy!

I have also re-arranged the shelves on the back wall as I start creating again.  For me, as I start crafting again I figure out how I want to create in my new space and things then get moved around.

20140605_125528

This is the other corner of my scrap room.  This holds some random stuff that has no other home and all of my completed and in-progress albums.

Thanks for joining me for the little peak into my new scrap room.  I am sure I will share more pictures once I know that it is REALLY complete.

1 comment:

S said...

Thanks for the peek at your home. I noticed that rug right away - what a happy anchor to a fun-filled space. Enjoy crafting there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...