Friday, February 20, 2015

Washi organization

Are you a washi tape addict like I am?  I currently have almost 200 rolls in my stash.  I keep my tape on a shelf behind my desk in two organizers that I made from old Project Life boxes.  I loved that I added dividers so that the rolls wouldn’t roll around, but both of my boxes were full and I didn’t have another box around to use.  So instead I convinced my husband to build me three boxes.

2015-02-19 14.35.06

2015-02-19 14.35.32

I had seen an idea of making drawer organizers using lathe boards from Home Depot.  Lathe boards are really cheap and they are made to be used in plaster walls.  Each board is 48 inches long and at my home depot were 35 cents a piece!  I had the backing laying around from a cheap piece of furniture.  So total price for all three of these was about $3.  Of course, my hubby HAD to have a nail gun, but oh well.

The boards do require a bunch of sanding, but for this project I just wanted them smooth enough so I won’t get any slivers.  I am so happy with how these turned out and the price was perfect.  Now I think my husband is wanting to make some for the kitchen drawers. Hmmm….I wonder what I might want him to make for me next!

I would love to see how you keep your tape organized!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Those are nice, I use a couple of wine bottles holders like that for my rolled ribbon. And that is quite a collection - I am still working out of just one baskets (although some are stacked two high). ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...