Monday, August 17, 2015

Wood Burn Baby

I was lucky enough to get away for a long scrappy weekend last month.  During the weekend I managed to finish an impressive 15 layouts and I am sharing one of them today.  Since some of them are for Design Team assignments it will be awhile before all of them are revealed.
One of the biggest changes that happened on my scrappy weekend is that I didn’t use any scrapbook sketches unless it was a part of the design team assignment.  Now there is nothing wrong with using sketches, in fact I have been using them for years now, but it felt so freeing to be able to grab some paper and photos and just sit down and create a page that I totally loved. 
I snapped this picture last winter and it has been one of my favorites because I love having a wood burning fireplace in the winter.  I love the sound of the wood burning and the smell just makes me feel at home.
Wood Burn Baby
Supplies - Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Fancy Pants Designs. Letters: American Crafts. Ink: Tim Holtz. Tapes: Glitz. Embellishments: Echo Park, Recollections, Heidi Swapp, Doodlebug, Goosebumps.

- Cassie -

1 comment:

Susanne said...

What a productive scrapper you have been. This is a fabulous page, cannot wait to see the others. I've been feeling unmotivated with layouts lately, so I need to go back to sketches to get me started. But I am like you, when the creative juices are really flowing, I prefer to do my own thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...